In addition to music, there will be tours and local craft beer to taste.
Mineral de Pozos, Guanajuato will host the 11th edition of the International Blues Festival that will take place on June 16 and 17.
For this occasion, different music groups from Chicago, Mexico City, Querétaro and León will be participating and featuring their most important works.
In this year’s edition, the guest of honor is Demetria Taylor, a singer from Chicago, Blues icon Eddie Taylor’s daughter, one of the most representative musicians on this genre. She will launch her album in collaboration with the music band “Posiblues” and release the book and album “Amblues”.
Other bands that will be performing during this event are: La Rambla from the state of México, Steffie Beltt from Mexico City, The Bluesmen from Querétaro and Bourbon Blues Ensamble from León, among others.
The ticket cost is $100 pesos per peson for the entire festival, and as every year, toys will be donated to children of the local community.
What to visit in Mineral de Pozos:
- Mining Area. In addition to listening to blues, you can escape to the mining ruins that had their splendor during the “Porfiriato”, and currently are abandoned. That is why Pozos is considered a ghost town. There are tours to the mines and haciendas through the cobbled streets and caliche stone walls.
- Rancho de Lavanda. You will find an upholstered purple landscape there, where you can rent a rest house for a day, a week or even a month; you also can visit the harvest and to know the elaboration of lavender products and even ride a horse or bicycle, creating a wonderful experience. Click here for information: www.lavendarfarmsofpozos.com
- Artisanal brewery. At the Hotel Boutique “Casa Diamante”, you can dive into a barrel wich contains 200 liters of beer. Afterwards, you can get relax with a massage that uses yeasts and malt; or one with chocolate. Even Pozos has its own craft beer called Vopper. For more information: hotelboutiquecasadiamante.com
What to eat:
- Escamoles. An emblematic restaurant in the town that serves plates with insects from the region.
- Pizzán Chela. If you don’t like the insects, you can choose something more “usual”. In addition to enjoying the taste of an artisan pizza and a cold “chela” in a rustic patio, you can also enjoy a good atmosphere with live music. For more information: www.pagefree.net/pizzanchela-pozos
- The House of the Blue Deer. (La casa del venado azul) A place where you will find prehispanic instruments such as huehuetl and the rain stick.
- Gallery N. 6. Near the Mineral de Pozos’s Parish, the gallery shows a series of abandoned objects like trunks, mirrors, pictures or toys. Some of them date 100 years ago.
How to get?
- Car: From Mexico City take the Mexico-Querétaro highway towards Querétaro-San Luis Potosí and take the exit San Miguel de Allende / Dr. Mora until you reach the San Luis de la Paz highway.
- Bus: Go to Central del Norte bus station and take the bus with direction to San Luis de la Paz, when you get off, take a transport that will take you to Mineral de Pozos.
For more information visit: www.visitpozos.mx