Members of the Gonzalez Cruces family, three women ages 24,17 and 14 and 4-year-old boy, lost their lives due to intoxication.
The tragic incident took place in the municipality of Dolores Hidalgo, Guanajuato on Monday July 10, at a house located right in front of the community of “El Gallinero“.
Friends and relatives are totally in shock. Local authorities conducted the proper investigations to determine the possible causes of this tragedy, some residents of the area say that probably the boiler was accidentally turned off, causing a gas leakage.
A second version stated that it could be a light generating plant that this family had operating inside the house, (they placed it inside due to the rain).
But early on Tuesday July 11, local authorities confirmed that the cause of death of the three women and the child was by poisoning with carbon monoxide, gas that was emitted by the electric power plant they placed inside their house.