With a million dollar investment, generating 40 direct jobs and with an ambitious expansion plan, Shell México opened its first service station in the Bajío, precisely in the city of Guanajuato.
Andrés Cavallari, director of Downstream Shell Mexico, said in his speech that Shell is the number one brand of fuels and lubricants in the world, with presence in almost 80 countries; has more than 43,000 gas stations around the globe where almost half a million people work, attending an average of 30 million customers every day, filling every second 100 tanks of fuel.
He added that the gas station in Guanajuato will not be the only one in the Bajío area, as Shell is bringing an aggressive growth and investment plan to Mexico where they will invest more than one billion US dollars in the next 10 years in projects related to Gas Stations and Logistics infrastructure.
The next stations that will start operations this year and the next will be in Salamanca, San Francisco del Rincón, Celaya, León and 8 more municipalities of the state of Guanajuato.
FACTS ABOUT SHELL
- – Shell has a presence in almost 80 countries around the world.
- – It is the number one company for the commercialization of fuels and lubricants worldwide.
- – It has more than 43,000 gas stations around the world.
- – Serves 30 million customers daily.
- – It has 63 years of history in Mexico.
- – In the case of Guanajuato, Shell comes as a franchise.
- – Its facilities are first class.
- – Offers quality products like Pennzoil made from natural gas, a new technology exclusive to Shell.
- – Shell is ranked as one of the best known brands in the world.