As of Friday March 20th, the City of San Miguel de Allende shuts down clubs, swimming pools, gyms, alleys, theaters, and prohibits any type of people gathering for absolutely no reason whatsoever.
The new measures announced by the municipal government aim to prevent the spread of the coronavirus.
The municipality of San Miguel de Allende, Guanajuato, announced additional measures amid the epidemiological contingency for the Covid-19 coronavirus, and these include the closings of bars, nightclubs, swimming pools, gyms, as well as the prohibition of massive events , alleyways (callejoneadas), among others.
SMA municipal president Luis Alberto Villarreal García announced the new sanitary and administrative measures.
The measures will take effect as of Friday March 20th:
1) All events in public spaces are canceled including those organized by the municipality and/or by private individuals: religious events and processions, classes, concerts, conferences, courses, sports training, exhibitions, fairs, festivals, “callejoneadas“, forums, inaugurations, tournaments, etc.
2) Suspension or restriction of the provision of direct public services to the population when it represents a high risk to health and is not urgently needed: auditoriums, libraries, community centers, cultural centers, gyms, nurseries, among others.
3) In restaurants and restaurant-bars, capacity will be reduced to 50%, implementing healthy distance measures, disinfection of tables and chairs between diners, continuous hand washing by waiters and closing at 9:00 pm. If necessary, in a second stage: the service will be restricted only to take-out and delivery.
4) The opening of bars, canteens, nightclubs, casinos, mezcalerías, pulquerías, and breweries is suspended, until further notice.
5) In recreational, sports and leisure entertainment centers such as private cinemas and theaters, private courts and gyms, as well as swimming pools and spas, there will be total closure until further notice.
6) We will verify that they comply with the sanitary filters and the recommendations of the Ministry of Health in the restaurants and closed spaces. In case of non-compliance, it will be sanctioned according to the regulations.
7) No more than 20 people are recommended living together in closed spaces with the established distance between them greater than one meter.
8) The markets and tianguis will be limited exclusively to the sale of food only to take away. Authorization will not be given to the installation of sales premises of any other type than food and will be limited to San Miguel merchants.
9) Semi-fixed stalls must provide take-out food, with closing hours at 9 pm.
10) All trade permits issued by the Directorate of Municipal Public Services are canceled.
11) In industry sanitary filters and the use of personal protective equipment will be mandatory.
12) It is prohibited to place garbage bags on the street, they must wait for the sound of the collection truck bell. The bags must be closed.
13) Public transport in general (taxis, uber, trucks, etc.) must carry out thorough cleaning of their units constantly and at the end of their routes at their bases.
14) Public transportation should be limited to the vehicle’s number of seats only, and no passengers can ride on foot.
15) Disinfection brigades will be carried out that include public spaces and public transportation units.
16) Shopping centers must avoid conglomerations of people.
17) It is suggested that bakeries and tortillerías pack their products and enable home delivery preferably.
18) Bank tellers must be constantly disinfected with alcohol and water or chlorine.
19) Security measures will be followed at home too.
20) There will be a medical filter in the municipal offices that depend on the Ministry of Public Security, which will review each detainee before they enter, and there will be an isolated space, for any detainee showing symptoms of Covid-19. .
21) Reserve the use of 911 for emergencies. Avoid calls that are not strictly urgent.
22) Prevention modules will be placed at public transport embarkation and disembarkation points in rural and urban areas, with antibacterial gel dispensers.
SMA Municipal government request the general population to attend to the following measures:
1.- Self-care and care for others through permanent hygiene.
2.- Keep a healthy distance, that is, do not have contact with other people less than 1.2 meter (no more than 3 feet), do not establish physical contact, greetings, hugs or kisses.
3.- Do or carry out only essential actions, please stay at home, that is: #yomequedoencasa
Press release issued by the Municipio de San Miguel de Allende
San Miguel Times Newsroom