- The Chichimecas and Conquistadors – how their Battle of the Barbicans in 1530 changed the town forever
- The Sacred Cross – why the oldest crosses around town host lavish parties
- Locos – crazy folks known for their dancing
- Martha’s Dragon – or King Kong and Beauty and the Beast come to town
- Dancers – from across town and Mexico honored to perform live on stage
The Valle de Maiz festival continues to be my favorite fiesta in a town well known for its parties! The tour is mildly strenuous taking about an hour and a half of uphill walking through our oldest neighborhoods featuring great murals and ending at Valle de Maiz’ parade and fiesta. The cost is 500 pesos per person or 25 USD, at 5PM, Saturday, May 28th.
by Joseph Toone
– Amazon’s best-selling author of the San Miguel de Allende Secrets books.
- Creator of the National Geographic-sponsored Maria Dolls coloring book helping indigenous doll makers.
- Producer of San Miguel de Allende Secrets YouTube channel with over 100 videos and 1,500 views monthly.
- International speaker on the Power of the Feminine in San Miguel de Allende.
San Miguel Times