The candidates have already received their certificates from the political parties they represent to participate in the race for the governorship of Guanajuato.
Until now, Guanajuato was one of the 18 states in the country in which a woman has never governed, but with the next elections this statistic will change, because regardless of preferences, the political parties in the race decided to nominate only women.
In the case of the National Action Party (PAN), an institution that has governed Guanajuato for 33 years, candidate Libya Denisse García received her certificate of candidacy last Saturday, February 3. She is also the first PAN candidate for this position and will go in alliance with the PRI and PRD.
Alma Alcaraz was made official as a candidate for governor last Sunday during the second ordinary session of the Morena State Council, where they will run in a formula with the Green Party (PV).
Finally, this Monday, February 5, Yulma Rocha received her certification as a candidate from the Citizen Movement party (MC), after serving with the Institutional Revolutionary Party (PRI) for 27 years.
Libya Denisse García Muñoz Ledo, candidate for governor for the PAN-PRI-PRD
- Graduate in Law from the Universidad de la Salle Bajío. She has a master’s degree in Constitutional and Administrative Law.
- She was a local representative of Guanajuato for Electoral District 5 on two consecutive occasions from 2015 to 2021.
- In 2021, she was appointed Secretary of Social Development of Guanajuato , the first woman to hold that position, which had also been held by the current governor of Guanajuato, Diego Sinhue.
- In 2017 she published a book called Inevitable , a series of stories about the author’s life.
- During the inter-campaign period, Libya remains active on social networks with the launch of a podcast called Libcast , where she talks about personal topics, motherhood, work, and surrounds herself with influencers from Guanajuato.
- Followers on X (formerly Twitter): 24,195
💫 Tengo el gran honor, el gran privilegio ser la primera Candidata del @PANGuanajuato a la Gubernatura en toda la historia de nuestro estado y eso es el resultado del trabajo, de la lucha y el empeño de muchas mujeres panistas.— Libia Dennise (@LibiaDennise) February 4, 2024
¡Hoy les agradezco no haberse dado por vencidas!🏼… pic.twitter.com/47IewDl2uQ
Alma Alcaraz, candidate for governor for Morena-PV
- She began her political career as a federal representative of the PAN in the LX legislature from 2006 to 2009.
- In 2015 she took the position of general secretary in Morena, and in 2018 she took the presidency of the State Executive Committee of this party .
- In 2021 he obtained a multi-member deputyship in the Congress of the state of Guanajuato .
- Followers on X (formerly Twitter): 5,703
Desde la capital de Guanajuato asumo con orgullo y responsabilidad la candidatura a la Gubernatura con un movimiento que viene de la lucha social, del pueblo y la democracia.— Alma Alcaraz (@AlmaAlcarazH) February 4, 2024
Si pudimos en 22 estados, con mucha razón lo haremos en esta tierra que tanto lo anhela. ¡UNIDAD, ALMA Y… pic.twitter.com/2XDNjmX2wK
Yulma Rocha Aguilar
- He has two degrees from the University of Guanajuato : Business Administration and Law.
- She joined the ranks of the PRI in Guanajuato at the age of 15 and participated with this political party on two occasions as a local representative and twice as a federal representative.
- At just 21 years old, she was a councilor in Irapuato in the period 2003-2006 , where she is originally from.
- Followers on X (formerly Twitter): 12,493
Domingo Fosfo ✨😎 pic.twitter.com/uMNKw82QX6— Yulma Rocha 🧡✨ (@yulmarocha) February 5, 2024
Morena is emerging as the second electoral force in the state behind the Partido Acción Nacional (PAN), the party in power.
San Miguel Times