Home Business McDonald’s continues to expand throughout Mexico

McDonald’s continues to expand throughout Mexico

by sanmigueltimes
0 comment

Mexico, Jun. 8 (Notimex).- McDonald’s chain of fast-food restaurants will focus its growth plan in Mexico with the expansion of shopping centers and this year hopes to open at least eight units, in line with the openings of 2016.

In a press conference, company CEO Francisco Bosch said that the results in the first quarter of the year have been in line with expectations, so he hoped that growth will continue in the coming months.

“We do not have a committed number of openings, but without a doubt every day our team is looking for opportunities to get closer to our consumers. Without a goal like this, new McDonald’s restaurants will come in the rest of 2017 and in the years to come,” he said.

He commented that last year they opened eight restaurants in the Mexican Republic and this year expect to achieve a similar number, with a dynamic based on openings in shopping centers, as the investment is reduced from 40 to 50 percent respect to traditional formats.


McDonald’s prepares its growth in Mexico in shopping malls (Google)


“While it is true that we were focused on remodeling, the truth is that we never stop growing, we have not set the objectives as such of restaurants to grow, but to identify those opportunities, we have not stopped to open at least a restaurant a year,” he said.

He noted that the Golden Arches Company in Mexico, which has 393 restaurants and just over 450 dessert centers, operates directly 65 percent of the units, while the remaining 35 percent belongs to franchisees.

Francisco Bosch said that 80 percent of the chain’s inputs originate from domestic suppliers, while the remaining 20 percent is made up of imports from Canada’s parents and toys.

Although he clarified that there is nothing definite, mentioned that they analyze to implant domicile service in the country, as they do in other parts of the world.

In turn, the director of Corporate Communication of the company, Felix Ramirez Montiel, said that the open door program has allowed better communication of changes and improvements to its menu, which have reduced the caloric and sugar level in recent years.

“We make it easier for moms who go to kitchens and warehouses to see everything we offer, since it has allowed us to break down all the myths around the brand,” he said.

Source: http://www.notimex.gob.mx/

You may also like

Leave a Comment

Our Company

News website that serves the English-speaking community in San Miguel with information and advertising services that exceed their expectations.


Laest News

@2024 All Right Reserved by San Miguel Times

This website uses cookies to improve your experience. We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. Accept

Are you sure want to unlock this post?
Unlock left : 0
Are you sure want to cancel subscription?
Update Required Flash plugin