Home Feature Man dies from “Violinist Spider” bite in Guanajuato

Man dies from “Violinist Spider” bite in Guanajuato

by sanmigueltimes
0 comment

The brown recluse, Loxosceles Reclusa, Sicariidae (also known as “Violinist Spider”) is a recluse spider with a necrotic venom. Similar to other recluse spider bites, their bite sometimes requires medical attention. The brown recluse is one of three spiders with medically significant venom in North America.

On June 10, “Violinist Spider” bit a man on the right arm and he died the next day.

A Violinist spider bit a 50-year-old man who died due to the bite of the arachnid in the municipality of Salvatierra, Guanajuato; the poison damaged his tissues, kidneys, lungs, and heart.

The Health Jurisdiction of the region pointed out that the man’s health was aggravated by the late attention since he entered the civil hospital of Salvatierra one day after being bitten.

Erika Andeliain, daughter of the patient attacked by the violinist spider, shared in her networks details of what happened to her father, she assured that the wound was not treated because it was not the first time that he faced a situation like this.

"The spider bit him on the hand at dawn on Thursday and he did not give it importance since he had beem bitten by spiders and scorpions before without any significant damage, so he thought that this time it would be the same, but he was wrong."
Erika Andeliain

The next day, said the young woman, the man began with swelling in hands and at night it worsened, the infection from the bite of the violinist spider caused him to have necrosis.

Later, on Friday morning, Erika’s father purged blood and pus from his entire hand, they even told him at the hospital that he would lose his hand, 20 minutes later the medical staff declared that the patient’s situation was serious and it was necessary to intubate him.

"He was very serious when he was admitted, and when he checked in, my dad already had damage to his kidneys, lungs and heart, it was necessary to dialyze him, intubate him and they have him put a catheter in his heart by 10:45 pm his heart stopped beating and he died."
Erika Andeliain

The young woman recommended being careful not to minimize cases like this, as well as to clean and shake any corner of the house” to avoid encounters with Violinist Spiders.”

Likewise, the State Secretariat of Health recommended going immediately to the hospital in case of a violinist spider bite, since it is one of the most dangerous and lethal insects.

The fiddler spider is brown or gray in color with a violin-shaped mark on its back. By injecting its venom, it causes loxoscelism, a toxic condition which symptoms are: nausea, vomiting, abdominal distension, headache, fever, respiratory distress, and myalgia.

Source: AM

You may also like

Leave a Comment

Our Company

News website that serves the English-speaking community in San Miguel with information and advertising services that exceed their expectations.


Laest News

@2024 All Right Reserved by San Miguel Times

This website uses cookies to improve your experience. We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. Accept

Are you sure want to unlock this post?
Unlock left : 0
Are you sure want to cancel subscription?
Update Required Flash plugin