The recent working tour of Governor Miguel Marquez Marquez through four European countries confirmed the confidence that international investors have in Guanajuato.
The governor stated that the pledge of new sectors and innovation development will make the state maintain its good economic level and boost the social strategies for the welfare of Guanajuatense families.
Marquez pointed out that the results of the visit to Germany, Italy, France and Austria are:
- 12 days of effective work
- 14 visits to international companies’ headquarters
- 1 billion USD in foreign direct investment for Guanajuato
- 2,300 new direct jobs plus a undetermined number of indirect jobs
- Number of industres supplied will increase.
The municipalities as Leon, Silao, San Miguel de Allende, Irapuato and Celaya will be the first to be benefited with confirmed investments.
The projects and invitations produced during this working tour ensure that in the coming months there will be announcements of new investments and international companies coming to Guanajuato, proving there is confidence for investment in our state.
Marquez concluded citing some of the most notorious investment projects:
- Michelin confirmed an investment of 510 million dollars in León
- Thyssen group will build 150 million euro plant in San Miguel de Allende
- ITT Italian company will invest 60 million dollars in Silao
- Pirelli plant provide 200 million dollars for its plant expansion in Silao.
- Ferrero Rocher confirmed the installation of a 2 million USD laboratory in the state, the first outside Italy.