A cell phone exploded at a school in Silao, Guanajuato in the early morning hours on Wednesday, September 28, causing alarm among students and teachers who were taking classes.
This incident occurred at Colegio “La Paz”, where a student accidentally dropped his cell phone, and all of the sudden, his device began to exhale smoke, causing alarm among the students in the classroom.
The cover of the “LG Stylus G3”was ejected, then the battery burst in flames and seconds later, the device exploded.
School staff members sought police help calling Emergency number (066). Municipal police officers, Civil Protection elements and firefighters arrived on the scene to control the situation.