During puberty, men get very concerned about the change processes in their bodies. Therefore, when gynecomastia, or man boobs, begins to appear, this can become a major self-esteem problem. However, there are ways to reduce and even eliminate gynecomastia.
But before removing it, it is important to know why it appears. That way we can attack the root problem.
What is gynecomastia and why does it appear?
Gynecomastia is the medical name for man boobs. It is a growth of breast tissue, generally linked to an accumulation of fat. Depending on the proportion of fat and breast tissue, there may be different types of gynecomastia and different causes as well.
Among the most common we have the following:
- Obesity: the main cause of gynecomastia. Fatty tissue accumulates in the breast area and there may also be an increase in breast tissue.
- Metabolic disorders: estrogen is the hormone that regulates breast growth. A man with a lot of estrogen or a lot of estrogen receptors in his breasts can develop gynecomastia.
- Use of testosterone: men who use testosterone, especially those who use it for cosmetic reasons, may develop gynecomastia. This is because the excess of testosterone is converted to estrogen by an enzyme called aromatase.
What can you do to remove man boobs?
In all these cases, there are possible solutions, and these depend on the cause. In the case of testosterone use and obesity, it is easier to trace the origin of gynecomastia. Therefore, it is also easier to eliminate it when you stop using testosterone or make an effort to lose weight.
The problem begins when there is a metabolic problem involved. In these cases, finding a cause is not easy. There are those who have reduced their gynecomastia with measures like these:
- Avoiding consume processed foods
- Reducing the consumption of soy and soy-based foods
- Avoiding heat food in plastic containers
- Don’t get too exposed to lavender oil or tea tree oil
However, these measures may not solve the problem. In most cases, no noticeable change is achieved. This is when young people start using girdles and other implements to try to hide their man boobs.
If this is your case, you should know that there is a surgical alternative that is permanent and does not cause big problems. It is the best solution for gynecomastia and, although it requires evaluation, it will not cause troubles or complications if you consult a good surgeon near you.