Following recent jumps in popularity as the Mexican Maria doll has floated around the world to international landmarks like the pyramids, Big Ben and the Sydney Opera house, Maria’s popularity continues to soar.
This month both the Smithsonian and Unicef have sponsored the locally made Mexican Maria Doll Coloring book. Each coloring book sale through Unicef provides vaccines to 14 children. Sales through the Smithsonian support both indigenous artisans and the Smithsonian’s collections.
The Mexican Maria Doll coloring book was created by Joseph Toone, author of all eleven books in the best-selling series, San Miguel de Allende Secrets to support local doll makers during the pandemic.
- TripAdvisor’s top tour guide with History and Culture Walking Tours and Joseph Toone Tours.
- Amazon’s best selling author of the San Miguel de Allende Secrets books.
- Creator of the National Geographic-sponsored Maria Dolls coloring book helping indigenous doll makers.
- Producer of San Miguel de Allende Secrets YouTube channel with over 100 videos and 1,500 views monthly.
- International speaker on the Power of the Feminine in San Miguel de Allende.
San Miguel Times